BEFORE YOUR SURGERY
- You will need a History and Physical from your Primary Care Physician within 30 days of your surgery date. You should arrange an appointment with your Primary Care Physician within that time frame as soon as possible.
- Your doctor may order preoperative tests, such as blood work and/or an EKG. Depending on your medical history, you may need additional tests or consults.
- You are required to have a responsible adult drive you home and remain with you after surgery. Your surgery will be cancelled if you do not have these arrangements in place. You cannot drive or be left alone. You cannot use public transportation or walk home. Your companion should anticipate remaining at the center throughout your stay.
- A nurse from the surgery center will call you to give you instructions and to address any questions or concerns. Please advise her/him if you suffer from Sleep Apnea or have a Latex Allergy.
- On the day before surgery, please call (860) 595-3500 after 2:00 PM to find out what time to arrive for your surgery. If your surgery is on Monday, please call on the previous Friday. It is important to keep the entire day available as we may not be able to accommodate a specific time request.
- Call the surgery center if there is any change in your physical condition such as a flu or fever before your surgery.
- If you are having hand or foot surgery, remove all nail polish and acrylic/gel or artificial nails on the hand/foot upon which you will be operated.
- If your surgeon has given you a prescription prior to your surgery date, you may want to fill it the day before your surgery to minimize travel time on your surgery day.